The Hartford Hospital Your Educational Success (YES) program incorporates life skills with essential Math and Grammar skills to build student's confidence ability to succeed.
In partnership with Capital Workforce Partners (CWP), Capital Regional Education Council (CREC), Capital Community College (CCC), and Hartford Hospital, YES students complete a three credit college course during the program. YES provides the foundation necessary to achieve success. YES strengthens Grammar, Math and life skills necessary for academic and professional achievement.
The YES program completes an annual large-scale service project in the City of Hartford, CT. To apply to YES email Llcolon@harthosp.org.
YES Program Outcomes: General Skill Objectives
- Develop Goals and demonstrate the ability to follow through
- Identify barriers to their success
- Identify how they learn and develop new supports to learning
- Demonstrate that they can instruct others on new skills
- Display improved time management skills
- Display improved interpersonal skill: work well with others, deal well with difficult situations or conflict, motivate others to work as a team, Identify and apply ways to develop and implement a positive attitude
- Display a higher level of self-confidence and respect for diversity
- Coordinate and complete a service project that enhances the community and develops the individual's character