The following are required for consideration for the Phlebotomy Training Course:
- An official High School transcript or equivalent.
- There is a $50.00 nonrefundable fee to process applications.
- Completed applications and transcripts are required prior to final acceptance. The program encourages all people to apply. The application of the School of Allied Health includes a nondiscriminatory policy for all applicants.
- The technical standards or essential functions for a phlebotomist will be provided to all accepted applicants. This is to clarify the responsibilities and requirements necessary to work in a laboratory related environment.
- If necessary, students may request special learning accommodations.
- Personal Computer: Students are expected to use computers as part of the course. Students may use their own computers or the resources available in the Computer Learning Center at Hartford Hospital.
- CLICK HERE for additional prerequisites
To obtain an application form, click here
Hartford Hospital School of Allied Health
181 Patricia M. Genova Drive
Allied Health Phlebotomy Department, Room 202
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 696-6736
The student acknowledges that phlebotomy involves procedures that can lead to injury and assume full responsibility for any injuries incurred during their training to themselves, classmates or patients. The program will provide lessons on safe practices and will provide personal protective equipment mandated by OSHA, however it is the student’s responsibility to follow and use these practices. Correct patient identification is mandatory.