Dates: The program begins in September of each year.
Hours: Monday – Friday, eight hours / day, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM, varying throughout the year. Scheduled attendance will not exceed 40 hours / week. Clinical day hours depend on the site to which the student is assigned.
Orientation Period: The first five-six weeks of the program consist of intensive classroom instruction, laboratory classes and the completion of preliminary competency evaluations. Hours are 9:00-6:00 during orientation.
Clinical Instruction: There will be in initial orientation rotation of five weeks. Students will then begin clinical rotations at the following sites:
Hartford Hospital Radiation Oncology Department, Hartford, CT
Mid State Medical Center Radiation Oncology Department, Meriden, CT
UConn Health Center - John Dempsey Hospital, Farmington, CT
Middlesex Memorial Hospital, Middlesex, CT.
Phoenix Community Cancer Care, Enfield, CT
DeQuattro Community Cancer Care, Manchester, CT
St. Francis Care, Hartford, CT
Note: Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from class and clinical assignments.
Academic Instruction: Classroom instruction is held on the Hartford Hospital campus and some satellite facilities.
Assessment: Student competence is determined by written and practical examinations, and by personal evaluations. Clinical staff are heavily involved in evaluating the students in terms of both their professional growth and their technical ability.
Previous Education & Credit: A student may apply previous didactic education to the program with program official approval. Tuition remains the same.
1. The student will request the transfer of credit prior to the start
of the course.
2. The student will supply the course syllabus and outline.
3. The program director and course instructor will review the
syllabus and outline submitted.
4. Acceptance of a transfer is based on the course content and the
grade received. An aptitude test may be given.
- Application Fee: $50 non-refundable processing fee
- Tuition: $8,000/year and $100 for non-tuition costs
- Room: Dormitory rooms are available at approximately $350 per month.
- Meals: May be purchased at the hospital cafeteria at student’s own expense.
- Books: Approximately $1,000 for all books required
- Uniforms: Approximately $200 to comply with the program’s dress code.
- Parking: Available at local garages / lots for approximately $70-$90/month.
- Miscellaneous: CPR, name tag, allied health patches - approximate cost = $100
*All costs are subject to change and there is no tuition refund for early termination from the program.
Student Loans/Financial Aid:
Student Loans are not available through the Hartford Hospital School of Allied Health, however financial aid and loans are offered through the following institutions:
(Note that this program is NOT eligible for federal student loan programs.)
All program students must complete the following to receive a Certificate of Completion from the program. See the student handbook for complete details.
- Complete all didactic curricula with a final grade of 75% or higher.
- Complete all clinical curricula with a final grade of 80% or higher.
- Complete all competency exams with a final grade of 100%.
- Maintain all hospital and program standards as outlined in the program handbook.