Radiography Program Mission & Goals
The primary objective of the program is to provide students with the necessary academic and clinical knowledge to function as competent Radiographers who are eligible to achieve ARRT certification and gain employment in the community and region.
The program’s mission will be achieved by fulfillment of the following goals:
- Students will apply knowledge gained through didactic and clinical experiences to achieve ARRT certification.
- Students will successfully complete the program within 24 months.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT exam on the 1st attempt and score at or above the national average.
- Graduates will indicate overall satisfaction with the program.
- Students will demonstrate competence in the performance of entry-level radiographic procedures.
- Students will provide quality patient care during the performance of radiographic procedures.
- Students will accurately position patients for radiographic examinations.
- Students will accurately set exposure factors for radiographic examinations.
- Students will utilize appropriate radiation protection measures for the patient, themselves and others during performance of radiographic procedures.
- Students will be competent in the overall performance of entry-level radiographic procedures.
- Students will exhibit the ethical and professional behaviors appropriate of a health care professional.
- Students will demonstrate professional and ethical behavior in the clinical setting.
- Students will recognize the need for continued professional growth and seek continuing education.
- Students will communicate professionally.
- Students will utilize appropriate communication skills when interacting with patients, families and medical staff.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Students will integrate critical thinking and problem solving skills into the performance of radiographic procedures.
- Students will accurately identify diagnostic quality radiographs and make appropriate changes to correct non-diagnostic images.
- Students will utilize critical thinking skills when performing procedures on non-routine patients.
- Graduates will demonstrate appropriate critical thinking skills for entry-level practice.
- Graduates will possess the skills in current imaging procedures and technology that are necessary to gain employment in the field of Radiography.
- Graduates will obtain employment in the field of Radiography.
- Graduates will be knowledgeable in current imaging procedures and technology.
- Employers will be satisfied with program graduates.