of Hartford Hospital is to improve the health and healing of the people and communities we serve, driven by our core values of Caring, Excellence, Integrity, and Safety.
The Continuing Medical Education Program supports the Hartford Hospital mission through professional development and life-long learning of physicians utilizing educational activities that will advance their medical knowledge, improve their performance in practice, or enhance patient care outcomes. The expected results of the CME program is that the learners will report greater confidence in their ability to apply the knowledge they have gained; demonstrate ability to apply new knowledge and skills; make a commitment to change their practice or behavior; or show improvement on specific performance measures through quality and patient safety metrics.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Assure that this mission is achieved and that all sponsored activities meet the requirements of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) as represented by the Connecticut State Medical Society.
The content areas of the sponsored activities include:
- Issues/problems identified by review of the current literature, regulatory mandates, needs assessments surveys, practice audits and other means of identifying “practice gaps”/educational needs.
The target audience for these activities is:
- Hartford Hospital medical staff, community physicians and healthcare professionals.
The types of activities provided include:
- Grand Rounds
- Annual conferences
- M & M, QI/QA, Sub-Specialty & Case Conferences
- Multi-Disciplinary Conferences
- State-Mandated CME
The expected results of the program include:
- Improvement in metrics relevant to the activity (e.g., increased adherence to practice standards, decreased LOS, decreased readmission rates, decreased post-operative infection rates).
Hartford Hospital is accredited by the Connecticut State Medical Society
to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. All continuing medical education accredited through Hartford Hospital Office of Continuing Medical education are planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)