Hartford Hospital's Eye Surgery Center, founded in 1998, provides surgical care for cataracts, glaucoma, corneal disease and select retinal diseases. The Center performs more than 8,400 surgeries a year, the vast majority of them cataracts.
The Center is a state of the art outpatient surgical
center that was designed, built, equipped and staffed to provide the
highest quality surgical eye care.
The Center is a Connecticut licensed and Medicare certified outpatient surgery center. In addition, it is accredited by The Joint Commission.
We are proud to offer this high quality care as a more convenient alternative to traditional hospital care. Our staff has
been carefully selected and trained by our physicians and include some
of the most outstanding eye care professionals in Connecticut.
The Eye Surgery Center sees over 9,700 patients and handles over 10,000 procedures per year. During 2012-2013 these procedures included more than ...
- 6,300 cataract extractions with lens implants
- 1,300 laser assisted cataract extractions with lens implants
- 600 glaucoma laser procedures
- 600 other laser procedures
- 450 glaucoma surgical procedures
- 330 ocular plastic procedures
- 100 cornea procedures
- 280 astigmatism correcting lens implants
- 100 presbyopia correcting lens implants