Health Tip: Prevent Denture Problems
(HealthDay News) -- Dentures can cause pain and discomfort if they're not worn properly and cleaned thoroughly.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these denture-care suggestions:
- After you finish eating, give dentures a scrub using soap and lukewarm water.
- Always take out your dentures at bedtime. This will help prevent inflammation, infection and sores inside the mouth.
- Let dentures soak overnight in denture cleaner.
- Each day, swish a lukewarm salt-water solution in your mouth to help clean gums.
- Avoid using toothpicks while you're wearing dentures.
2010Copyright © 2010 ScoutNews, LLC
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.