Health Tip: Signs That a Head Injury Is Serious
(HealthDay News) -- Any head injury should be taken seriously, but certain warning signs indicate that the injury needs immediate medical attention.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says a doctor's evaluation is required if you notice the following:
- Any symptom that begins to worsen, including sleepiness, nausea or a headache.
- Nausea that doesn't subside.
- Behavioral changes, such as acting confused or irritable.
- Enlarged eye pupils, or pupils that are a different size in each eye.
- Difficulty talking or walking.
- Any bloody or unusual discharge from the nose or ears.
- Seizures or vomiting.
- Weakness or numbness in the legs or arms.
2010Copyright © 2010 ScoutNews, LLC
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.