Health Tip: Signs That a Baby Is Hungry
(HealthDay News) -- Some new parents have a tough time figuring out when their crying baby is truly hungry.
The Nemours Foundation says these are signs that a baby wants to eat:
- Turning the head from side to side.
- Opening the mouth and sticking out the tongue.
- Putting hands, fingers or a fist in or near the mouth.
- Puckering the lips.
- Turning to the mother's breast.
- Moving the mouth in the direction of something that's touching the cheek (the "rooting" reflex).
2010Copyright © 2010 ScoutNews, LLC
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.