Health Tip: Risk Factors for Postpartum Depression
(HealthDay News) -- Postpartum depression is a mental illness that affects women after pregnancy.
The National Women's Health Information Center offers this list of risk factors for postpartum depression:
- Having a personal or family history of depression or another mental illness.
- Having insufficient support from friends and family.
- Feeling negative or anxious about pregnancy.
- Having problems in a relationship, or financial difficulties.
- Dealing with stressful life events.
- Being young during pregnancy.
- Having a substance abuse problem.
2010Copyright © 2010 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.