Health Tip: Why You Might Have an Earache
(HealthDay News) -- Pain in the ear has many possible causes and may be accompanied by other symptoms.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of possible reasons for earache:
- Arthritis in the jaw.
- An infection in the middle or outer ear.
- Changes in pressure that damage the ear.
- An object lodged in the ear, or a significant buildup of ear wax.
- A ruptured or perforated eardrum.
- A sinus infection, infected tooth or sore throat.
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ).
2010Copyright © 2010 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.