(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless toxic gas. It's released by the burning of any fuel, and exposure can lead to hospitalization or even death.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this list of common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Vomiting or feeling nauseous.
- Feeling dizzy.
- Having chest pains.
- Having a headache.
While none of these symptoms should be ignored, warning signs of more severe carbon monoxide poisoning include confusion, agitation or unconsciousness. They require immediate medical attention.
2010Copyright © 2010 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.