Health Tip: Understanding Achilles Tendonitis
(HealthDay News) -- The Achilles tendon is what joins the
muscles in the calf to the heel bone. When it is overused or
injured, it becomes inflamed -- a condition called Achilles
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says common causes
of Achilles tendonitis include:
- Among runners, rapidly running much faster or for longer
- Changing your exercise regimen to include running up hills or
- Beginning to exercise again too soon after a rest period.
- Very strenuous exercise of the calf muscles, such as during a
- Overusing the calf muscles.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.