Health Tip: Things That May Trigger Wheezing
(HealthDay News) -- Wheezing is a whistling sound that occurs
when breathing tubes inside the lungs become narrowed or
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says possible causes of
- Having asthma.
- Being sick with bronchitis, pneumonia or emphysema.
- Having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Suffering from heart failure.
- Having a foreign body in the lungs.
- Having an allergic reaction.
- Smoking or taking certain medications.
- Having a viral infection (especially among infants under age
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.