Health Tip: Signs That You May Have Narcolepsy
(HealthDay News) -- Narcolepsy is a nervous system disorder
characterized by sudden daytime sleep attacks, and being
excessively sleepy. The disorder tends to affect more than one
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says warning signs of
narcolepsy may include:
- Periods of overwhelming drowsiness during the day, about every
three to four hours.
- Feeling a strong need to sleep, then suddenly falling
- Attacks of sleep and drowsiness that last about 15 minutes.
Afterward, the person feels quite refreshed.
- Having dreams or hallucinations that occur between sleeping and
- An inability to move while awake for a while, or as soon as the
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.