Health Tip: Are You More Likely to Develop
(HealthDay News) -- Endometriosis occurs when uterine tissue
grows outside of a woman's uterus.
The National Women's Health Information Center says the
following factors may increase a woman's risk of developing
- Not having any children.
- Having menstrual periods of longer than seven days.
- Having menstrual cycles of 27 days or shorter.
- Having someone in the family who has had endometriosis.
- Having a health condition that affects the ability to
- Having had a pelvic infection that caused cell damage.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.