(HealthDay News) -- Some women may choose to deliver a baby with
the help of a midwife rather than a doctor.
The Nemours Foundation says "midwife-supervised births produce
excellent outcomes with fewer medical interventions than
But the foundation warns that for higher-risk pregnancies,
"midwifery is not advisable."
The foundation says examples of higher-risk pregnancy
- Women who are having multiple births (twins, triplets,
- Women who have gestational diabetes.
- Women who have high blood pressure.
- Women who have any other type of chronic illness.
- Women who have had complications during pregnancy.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.