Health Tip: Help Manage Unwanted Hair
(HealthDay News) -- In women, excess hair growth on the face or
body is called hirsutism. It may be caused by abnormally high
levels of male hormones.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to manage
- Shave places where excess hair is growing.
- Apply a depilatory, a cream designed to remove hair.
- Use a bleaching paste designed for lightening dark hair. But
these products can irritate skin, so be sure to follow the
- Pluck or wax smaller areas of hair.
- Consider electrolysis or laser hair removal as permanent ways
to remove hair.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.