Health Tip: Signs That People With Dementia Shouldn't
(HealthDay News) -- People with dementia may no longer be able
to drive safely. Recognizing this may be a very difficult
conclusion, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says.
The agency says these symptoms indicate that a person with
dementia is no longer safe behind the wheel:
- Difficulty remembering things that happened recently.
- Showing a sudden temper and general moodiness.
- Difficulty multi-tasking.
- Having a hard time judging distances.
- Problems with decision making and problem solving.
- Becoming easily confused.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.