Health Tip: Managing Pancreatitis
(HealthDay News) -- Pancreatitis occurs when the pancreas, a
gland near the stomach that helps you digest food, becomes
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to help
- Follow your doctor's recommendations and directions exactly as
- Create and follow a diet plan that focuses on low-fat, healthy
- Don't smoke or drink alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Work with a counselor if your pancreatitis is triggering
symptoms of depression.
- Create goals that focus on relieving pain and managing
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.