Health Tip: Work Fruits and Veggies Into Your
(HealthDay News) -- It can be a challenge to fit enough fruits
and vegetables into your daily diet.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
ideas for using fruits and veggies as snacks:
- Spread whole wheat pita bread with hummus.
- Dip baked tortilla chips in black bean and corn salsa.
- Nibble on dried or fresh fruit, or drink a fruit smoothie.
- Have some low-fat or nonfat yogurt covered with slices of fresh
- Eat a ready-made salad.
- Dip fresh vegetables in a low-fat or fat-free dressing.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.