Health Tip: Sit Properly at the Computer
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to maintain proper posture
when sitting at the computer.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
- Opt for a chair that is easy to adjust, feels stable, includes
a backrest, and with wheels that touch the floor at a minimum of
- Make sure your knees are at the level of your hips while your
feet are planted on the floor.
- Use adjustable armrests to support your arms and place your
elbows close to your waist.
- Make sure the seat is padded and offers at least an inch of
room beyond your thighs and hips.
- The seat should slightly point toward the floor. There also
should be some room between the back of your knees and the
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.