Health Tip: Ward Off Tooth Decay
(HealthDay News) -- Tooth decay usually occurs when bacteria eat
away at enamel that covers the teeth, frequently causing
The American Dental Association suggests these steps to help
reduce your risk of tooth decay:
- Using a fluoride toothpaste, brush your teeth at least twice
- Floss your teeth each day.
- Stick to a healthy, balanced diet and avoid snacking between
- Have regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- Get dental sealants, if your dentist recommends them.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.