Health Tip: Moisten a Dry Mouth
(HealthDay News) -- Dry mouth is a common annoyance. But when
it's chronic, it can indicate a serious health problem.
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
suggests how to combat an occasional case of dry mouth:
- Keep water or a sugar-free beverage on hand and drink
- Avoid beverages that include caffeine, which can be
- Boost saliva output with sugar-free gum or hard candy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using tobacco.
- If dry mouth appears related to a medication, speak to your
doctor about adjusting the dose or changing to a different
- Run a humidifier at night.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.