(HealthDay News) -- Pesticides are chemicals used to repel
microorganisms, rodents or insects, but they may be harmful if
inhaled or absorbed by the skin.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to help keep
bugs and other critters away from your home without the use of
- Don't leave any food sitting out around the home, including
food scraps or pet food.
- Keep wood chips and mulch away from the home, and clean up any
- Clean out roof gutters regularly.
- Seal up openings that could allow insects to infest your
- Keep pets clean and groomed.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.