Health Tip: Care For Your Bruise
(HealthDay News) -- A bruise forms when a ruptured blood vessel
causes blood to pool below the skin.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to help heal
- Apply an ice pack to the area for no more than 15 minutes per
- Elevate the area that's bruised so it's higher than the
- Don't exercise the area of the body that's bruised, so affected
muscles have a chance to rest.
- Take Tylenol (acetaminophen) to help alleviate pain.
- Never try to drain the pooled blood by using a needle.
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.