Health Tip: Are Varicose Veins Dangerous?
(HealthDay News) -- Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen veins
in the legs that can be painful, although they're usually not
The womenshealth.gov Web site says you should see a doctor about
varicose veins if:
- A vein becomes swollen, red, tender or feels warm.
- Sores or a rash develop nearby.
- Skin on the ankle or calf thickens and changes color.
- The vein starts to bleed.
- Symptoms hinder daily activities or cause emotional
2010Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.