Health Tip: Prepare for Grocery Shopping
(HealthDay News) -- Stocking up on healthy groceries doesn't
have to be expensive or time-consuming, as long as you do a bit of
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions:
- Avoid shopping when you're hungry, as you may be more tempted
to buy junk foods.
- Create a shopping list, and buy only the items on your
- Create your list according to the layout of your store's
aisles, so you don't have to wander past the cookies more than
- Choose frozen fruits and veggies so you can eat only what you
need and freeze the rest.
- If buying fresh fruits and vegetables, opt for those that last,
such as broccoli, carrots, cabbage and Brussels sprouts.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.