Health Tip: Brush Baby's Gums
HealthDay News) -- It's never too early to start caring for
baby's teeth and gums.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Even before teeth emerge, wipe down baby's gums using clean
gauze or a small, cool spoon.
- Using water and a toothbrush made for babies, start brushing
teeth as soon as they poke through.
- Starting when your child reaches age 2 years, use a pea-sized
squirt of toothpaste with fluoride.
- Always clean baby's pacifier before offering it.
- Don't let baby take a bottle to bed.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.