Health Tip: Take Control of Your Health
(HealthDay News) -- If you have a chronic illness -- such as
diabetes, arthritis or heart disease -- you can take an active role
in managing your health.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
- Examine your unhealthy behaviors, and choose which ones you'd
like to change.
- Create specific goals and an action plan for how you'll reach
- Create backup plans -- for example, what you'll do for exercise
when the weather is bad.
- Feel confident in your ability to reach your goals; if they
seem too tough, reconsider your goals.
- Check in frequently with your doctor to discuss your progress
and any problems.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.