Health Tip: Watch Your Diet if You Have an
(HealthDay News) -- Watching your diet can help manage a peptic
ulcer, simply by avoiding irritants and eating the foods that can
help promote healing.
The ADAM Encyclopedia suggests these dietary practices:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink only moderate amounts of milk, and include yogurt in your
- Limit coffee to a maximum of three cups per day.
- Avoid large amounts of garlic, peppers or spices if they
irritate your stomach.
- Consume olive oil, which may be effective in combating many
H. pylori bacteria, which have been shown to be a major cause
of peptic ulcers.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.