Health Tip: Stay Safe on a Boat
(HealthDay News) -- If you're one of the 70 million Americans
who enjoy boating, the U.S. Coast Guard offers these safety
- You and your passengers should wear well-fitted life jackets at
- Avoid drinking alcohol, which is a factor in about 1 in 5
- Take a prep course in boating safety.
- Have your boat inspected regularly.
- Make sure the boat is properly vented to prevent carbon
monoxide poisoning. Install carbon monoxide detectors in living and
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.