Health Tip: Some Foods and Drinks That Trigger
(HealthDay News) -- If you're prone to the painful burn of
heartburn, don't just pop an antacid -- watch what you eat to avoid
getting heartburn in the first place.
The American Gastroenterological Association lists these foods
and drinks to avoid, as they may trigger heartburn:
- Foods that are high in fat or fried.
- Foods with chocolate or peppermint.
- Alcoholic beverages, beverages with carbonation and all
- Mustard and ketchup, as well as tomato sauces.
- Acidic substances such as vinegar, citrus juices and citrus
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.