Health Tip: Prevent Bathroom Slipping and
(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to suffer an injury in a slippery
bathroom, but taking some precautions can get rid of potential
The Home Safety Council lists these suggestions to reduce slips
and falls in the bathroom:
- Install grab bars next to the toilet and the shower or
- Use a non-slip mat or non-slip strips in the shower or
- Place a bath mat with non-skid backing on the floor just
outside the shower or bathtub.
- Clean up the bathroom floor regularly, and quickly wipe up any
spills or moisture.
- Put a nightlight in the bathroom and in the hallways.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.