Health Tip: Yoga Can Help Your Health
(HealthDay News) -- No matter what style of yoga you prefer to
practice, it's a great exercise that offers a number of physical
and mental health benefits.
The U.S. National Center for Complementary and Alternative
Medicine lists these possible health benefits of yoga:
- Better mood, improved sleep and better overall well-being.
- Better stress management.
- Lowered heart rate and blood pressure, as well as improved lung
- More relaxed muscles and healthier body composition.
- Improved management of mental health issues such as depression
- Better flexibility, strength and general physical fitness.
- Positive effects on chemicals in the brain and blood.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.