Health Tip: Stay Inside When Spring Allergens Are at a
(HealthDay News) -- Seasonal allergies can cause itchy, watery
eyes, nasal congestion and sneezing.
The University of Maryland Medical Center suggests these
lifestyle changes to ease seasonal allergy symptoms from outdoor
- Start your allergy medications a week or two before the season
- Don't take a camping trip or go on a hike when pollen counts
- Stay away from barns and hay, and try not to mow the grass or
- Wear sunglasses to keep pollen out of the eyes.
- After spending time outside, take a shower and wash hair,
change clothes and rinse out the nasal passages with a salt water
- Close windows and doors during allergy season.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.