Health Tip: Talk to Your Doctor About the Nicotine
(HealthDay News) -- While the nicotine patch can be an effective
method to help some people quit smoking and improve their health,
it may not be the best smoking cessation tool for everyone.
The American Academy of Family Physicians lists these factors
that need to be discussed with your doctor before using the
- Having recently had a heart attack or experienced chest
- Having heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Having ulcers of the stomach.
- Being diabetic.
- Experiencing irregular heart beats or skipping heart
- Being allergic to any medications, bandages or tape.
- Suffering a disease of the skin or skin rash.
- Having liver or kidney disease.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.