(HealthDay News) -- Home pregnancy tests are designed to detect
a certain hormone that's present in a woman's blood and urine when
The test must be administered carefully, following all of the
product's written instructions.
The Womenshealth.gov web site offers these general guidelines
for home pregnancy tests:
- Make sure the product is not past its expiration date.
- Follow the label instructions carefully.
- Wait 10 minutes before checking the results.
- Take the test first thing in the morning.
- Wait at least a week after missing your period before taking
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.