Health Tip: Prevent Back Pain in the Car
(HealthDay News) -- Traveling long distances in the car can take
a toll on your back.
The American Chiropractic Association suggests how to keep back
pain at bay during a car trip:
- Adjust your seat so you're sitting comfortably close to the
wheel, with your knees just higher than your hips.
- Use a back support.
- Take regular breaks to rest.
- Stretch your toes, leg muscles and shoulders as you drive.
- Keep hands on the steering wheel at the 3:00 and 7:00
positions, alternating occasionally with the 10:00 and 2:00
- Keep a relaxed grip on the wheel, occasionally tightening, then
loosening, your hold.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.