Health Tip: Dealing With Social Phobia
(HealthDay News) -- Social phobia is an irrational fear of
social situations, including being judged or scrutinized by
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests these potential
remedies for coping with social phobia:
- Receiving cognitive behavioral therapy to help identify the
causes of such fears and learning ways to control them.
- Slowly beginning to attend parties and other social
- Practicing social skills in a group therapy setting.
- Getting plenty of sleep and exercise, and eating meals on a
- Limiting or avoiding caffeine, over-the-counter cold
medications and other stimulant medications.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.