Health Tip: Stay Safe and Healthy During
(HealthDay News) -- When you're on a trip, don't forget to pay
attention to your health and protect yourself from illness or
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists these
safe travel tips:
- Protect skin with a sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB
- Wear insect repellent, as well as long-sleeved pants and shirts
to protect against bug bites.
- Wash your hands often, and drink only bottled water in areas
where tap water may not be safe for drinking.
- Choose foods carefully.
- Limit alcohol intake and protect yourself in a car and on the
- Don't touch animals or pets you don't know.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.