Health Tip: Get a Better Night's Sleep
(HealthDay News) -- Instead of turning to a pot of coffee to
keep you awake during the day, experts say you should focus on
getting better sleep at night.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions for more
- Wake in the morning and go to bed at night at the same
- Relax before bedtime.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable, dark, cool and quiet,
and do nothing in your bedroom other than sleep and have sex.
- Avoid eating, exercising and consuming caffeine within a few
hours of bedtime.
- Don't smoke, and avoid alcohol just before bed.
- Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.