Health Tip: Help Prevent Eczema Flares
(HealthDay News) -- Eczema is a chronic condition that makes the
skin red, dry and itchy.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to
prevent flares of eczema:
- Stay away from irritants such as harsh soaps, detergents,
gasoline and cleaning solutions.
- Wear clothing made of cotton, and avoid wool and synthetic
fabrics that can irritate the skin.
- Take short, lukewarm baths or showers and wash with a mild
cleanser. Avoid hot water.
- Pat skin dry after a bath or shower and immediately apply
- Make sure you moisturize your skin every day. Avoid scratching
- Avoid getting very sweaty or overheating.
- Find ways to control stress.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.