(HealthDay News) -- Kids may turn thumbs down at many healthy
lunch choices, but if parents get creative, they can prepare
healthy lunches that their children like.
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions for
healthy lunches that kids will enjoy:
- Create a colorful wrap, instead of a sandwich on ordinary white
- Stack sandwich fillers on little crackers, instead of
- Pack a veggie- and protein-filled salad topped with nuts,
cheese or beans.
- Wrap lunch meat around a cheese stick for a bread-free
- Make sandwiches in fun shapes using a favorite cookie
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.