(HealthDay News) -- Most men and many women eventually have
noticeable hair loss.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says hair loss is related
to aging, heredity and hormonal changes.
Sudden hair loss may stem from different causes, including
physical and emotional stress. The agency mentions these potential
- Having a serious infection or running a high fever.
- Delivering a baby.
- Undergoing major surgery, having a serious illness or suddenly
losing a lot of blood.
- Undergoing significant emotional stress.
- Following a crash diet, particularly one that is low in
- Taking certain medications, including antidepressants, some
heart medications or birth control pills, and painkillers known as
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.