Health Tip: Don't Drive When Drowsy
(HealthDay News) -- If you've got a case of heavy eyelids while
you're driving, pull over as soon as possible and get some
The National Sleep Foundation mentions these warning signs that
you're too sleepy to drive:
- Having difficulty staying focused or blinking eyelids
- Finding yourself daydreaming.
- Having difficulty seeing traffic signs or exits, or forgetting
the last few miles that you drove.
- Having difficulty keeping your head up, yawning frequently or
rubbing your eyes.
- Weaving between lanes or onto the shoulder, or tailgating the
- Feeling irritable or restless.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.