Health Tip: Prenatal Care Is Important
(HealthDay News) -- Getting regular checkups and screening tests
-- what doctors call prenatal care -- is key to keeping you and the
developing baby healthy during pregnancy.
The womenshealth.gov website says here's what you should expect
during prenatal care visits:
- The first visit should include a physical and gynecological
exam, medical history and blood work.
- All visits should include weight measurement and blood pressure
- Measuring the fetal heart rate.
- Measuring your belly to monitor baby's growth.
- Routine screenings should include a gestational diabetes test,
tests to detect any infection, and tests to detect conditions such
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.