Health Tip: Sleep Soundly During Pregnancy
(HealthDay News) -- Getting plenty of sleep is important during
pregnancy, but those inevitable physical changes while you're
pregnant can make sleep uncomfortable.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions to help
pregnant women get a better night's sleep:
- Once you reach the third trimester, sleep on your left side.
Avoid lying flat on your back for long periods.
- Drink lots of fluids during the day, but limit fluids before
- Snack during the day on bland foods, and avoid any foods that
- Sleep with special "pregnancy pillows" or use extra regular
pillows, especially if you have heartburn.
- Take naps during the day, and practice relaxation techniques
for better sleep.
- Talk to your doctor if you have insomnia.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.