Health Tip: Watch for Lactose in Foods
(HealthDay News) -- Lactose intolerant people may be primed to
avoid milk, sparing themselves uncomfortable symptoms of bloating,
gas or stomach cramps.
But lactose may be an ingredient in many foods, in addition to
milk. The womenshealth.gov website offers this list of possible
- Ice cream, sherbet, cream, butter, some cheeses and
- Baked goods, such as breads and cereals.
- Cake, cookie, pancake and biscuit mixes.
- Prepared soups, breakfast drinks and instant mashed
- Salad dressings.
- Lunch meats, and prepared and frozen meals.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.