Health Tip: Pack Your Holiday Leftovers
(HealthDay News) -- When packing up your holiday leftovers, make
sure they're properly stored to prevent foodborne illness.
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions for
safe storage of your holiday leftovers:
- Make sure all storage containers are airtight and shallow.
- Place all leftovers in the refrigerator within two hours of
- Pull turkey off the bone and package it separately from
stuffing and gravy.
- Eat refrigerated turkey, casseroles or cooked vegetables within
three or four days; eat stuffing or gravy within one or two
- Eat pies made with cream or fruit within two or three days;
cheesecake within seven days.
- Make sure leftovers are reheated to 165 degrees
- If in doubt, throw it out.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.